Recently, Gauteng Premier David Makhura announced his cabinet, which he said represents accumulated governance experience, new energy and fresh ideas to fulfil the growth and development mandate of the sixth administration.
The new MECs are as follows:
- Finance and e-Government: Nomantu Nkomo-Ralehoko
2. Education: Panyaza Lesufi
3. Community Safety: Faith Mazibuko
4. Human Settlements, Urban Planning and Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs: Lebogang Maile
5. Social Development: Thuliswa Nkabinde
6. Public Transport and Road Infrastructure: Jacob Mamabolo
7. Infrastructure Development and Property Management: Tasneem Motara
8. Economic Development, Agriculture and Environment: Sputla Kgosientso Ramokgopa
9. Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation: Mbali Hlophe
10. Health: Dr. Bandile Masuku
“These newly-appointed MECs will put the interest of the people first and meet the highest ethical and service delivery standards in the conduct of their work,” Makhura said during the Induction Ceremony.